- the personal information we collect about you;
- what we do with your information, and
- who your information might be shared with.
Who we are
SB Wakefield are a 'data controller' for the purposes of the relevant data protection legislation including the Data Protection Act 1998, the General Data Protection Regulations and any subsequent legislation as appropriate. (i.e. we are responsible for, and control the processing of, your personal information).
Personal information provided by you
SB Wakefield may collect the following personal information about you, when you register with us, express an interest in or purchase products or services from us. We also collect personal information when you contact us, send us feedback, post material to our website, complete customer surveys or participate in competitions.
- information that you provide to us when registering with our website (including your email address);
- information that you provide when completing your online profile (including your name, gender, date of birth and any educational details and employment details you provide);
- additional information regarding your vehicle including the registration, VIN number, service history, any works undertaken, insurance policy details, MOT and Tax status of the vehicle;
- sensitive personal information may be collected where a vehicle is purchased under the Motability Scheme. This may include details of any medical conditions. We will always be clear to explain when and why we need this information and the purposes for which we will use it and will obtain your explicit consent to use sensitive personal information;
- information that you provide to us when signing up to any distribution lists to receive correspondence from us;
- information relating to any purchases you make of our goods or services, including any other transaction details made via any of our websites. (including your address, telephone number and payment details)
Personal information provided by third parties
Occasionally SB Wakefield may receive information about you from other sources (such as credit reference agencies, medical professionals, or your employer), which we will add to the information we already hold about you in order to help us improve and personalise our service to you. We will always seek your permission to contact these people for your information.
Personal information about other individuals
If you give us information on behalf of someone else, you confirm that the other person has appointed you to act on his/her behalf and has agreed that you can:
- give consent on his/her behalf to the processing of his/her personal data;
- receive on his/her behalf any data protection notices;
- give consent to the transfer of his/her personal data abroad; and
- give consent to the processing of his/her sensitive personal data, e.g. health information.
Using personal information
Personal data we receive will be used for the purposes it was provided, including:
- meet the terms of your order;
- enable your use of the services available on our website;
- send you goods purchased through our website;
- supply to you services purchased through our website;
- send statements, invoices and payment reminders to you, and collect payments from you;
- send you our email newsletter, if you have requested it (you can inform us at any time if you no longer require the newsletter);
- provide third parties with statistical information about our users. (but those third parties will not be able to identify any individual user from that information)
Disclosing personal information
- SB Wakefield may disclose your personal information to any of our staff, agents, suppliers or subcontractors where it would be reasonable to do so; (If consent is necessary to facilitate this sharing we will ensure it is obtained prior to processing)
- SB Wakefield may disclose your personal information to any member of our group of companies where it would be reasonable to do so; (If consent is necessary to facilitate this sharing we will ensure it is obtained prior to processing)
- SB Wakefield may be legally obliged to disclose your personal information;
- to the extent that we are required to do so by law;
- in connection with any ongoing or prospective legal proceedings;
- in order to establish, exercise or defend our legal rights; (including providing information to others for the purposes of fraud prevention and reducing credit risk)
- to any person who we reasonably believe may apply to a court or other competent authority for disclosure of that personal information where, in our reasonable opinion, such court or authority would be reasonably likely to order disclosure of that personal information;
- except as provided in this policy, we will not provide your personal information to third parties.
Security of personal information
- SB Wakefield will take all reasonable technical and organisational precautions to prevent the loss, misuse or alteration of your personal information;
- all details of financial transactions entered via our website will be protected by encryption technology.
- we would like to send you information by post, email, telephone, text message (SMS) or automated call about products and services, competitions and special offers which may be of interest to you;
- other businesses within our group or which we have selected carefully e.g Car Manufacturers we deal with, and other providers of products we supply may also send you similar marketing messages, depending on what you agree with us;
- if you have consented to receive such marketing from our group or other businesses, you can opt out at any time. See 'What rights do you have?’ below for further information.
You can modify your preferences by emailing: firstname.lastname@example.org
- you may instruct us to provide you with any personal information we hold about you, via a Subject Access Request;
- upon receipt of such a request we will, after confirming identity, provide all relevant data we may hold to you in the most practical format unless otherwise stipulated and reasonably possible;
- we may withhold personal information that you request to the extent permitted by law;
- if you instruct is to no longer process your personal data we will do so as quickly as possible;
- if you instruct us to destroy any/all of your personal data we may hold we will do so as quickly as possible;
- if you instruct us to cease all processing for marketing purposes we will do so as quickly as possible;
Right to correct any mistakes in your information
You can require us to correct any mistakes in your information which we hold free of charge. If you would like to do this, please:
- email, call or write to us; (see ‘How can you contact us?’ below)
- let us have enough information to identify you (e.g. name, registration details), and
- let us know the information that is incorrect and what it should be replaced with.
Right to ask us to stop contacting you with direct marketing
You can ask us to stop contacting you for direct marketing purposes. If you would like to do this, please:
- email, call or write to us; (see ‘How can you contact us?’ below)
- let us have proof of your identity and address (a copy of your driving licence or passport and a recent utility or credit card bill); and
- let us know what method of contact you are not happy with if you are unhappy with certain ways of contacting you only. (for example, you may be happy for us to contact you by email but not by telephone)
Monitoring and recording communications
We may monitor and record communications with you (such as telephone conversations and emails) for the purpose of quality assurance, training, fraud prevention and compliance.
- your display preferences, such as contrast colour settings or font size;
- help us to know how you use our sites, and make the content shown more relevant to your interests and needs. None of the cookies used on our websites collect information that personally identifies you. You can control and/or delete cookies as you wish — for details, see aboutcookies.org. Behavioral Advertising - Please be aware that we use third party advertising companies to collect non-personally identifiable information for online behavioral advertising to provide targeted display advertisements, likely to be of greater interest to you, through participating publishers and advertisers. For full details on the cookies used, please visit our website https://www.sbwakefield.co.uk/pages/privacy-policy or request a copy from our Data Protection Officer.
We may do a credit check on you:
- so that we and other companies in our group can make credit decisions about you and members of your household, and
- to prevent and detect fraud and money laundering.
Our search will be recorded on the files of the credit reference agency.
We may also disclose information about how you conduct your account to credit reference agencies and your information may be linked to records relating to other people living at the same address with whom you are financially linked.
Other credit businesses may use your information to:
- make credit decisions about you and the people with whom you are financially associated;
- trace debtors, and
- prevent and detect fraud and money laundering.
If you provide false or inaccurate information to us and we suspect fraud, we will record this.
Data Protection Officer
SB Wakefield’s Data Protection Officer is John Bowett. Any Data Protection issues can be directed to John Bowett via email@example.com or 01924 332525.
How to contact us
If you wish to contact us, please send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org or write to us at:
SB Wakefield Limited
Or call us on: 01924 332525