A general explanation of the Privacy Statement simply confirming that it relates to how you will use the personal data you collect
Collecting personal information
We may collect, store and use the following kinds of personal information:
- information that you provide to us when registering with our website (including your email address);
- information that you provide when completing your online profile (including your name, gender, date of birth and any educational details and employment details you provide);
- information that you provide to us when signing up to any distribution lists to receive correspondence from us;
- information relating to any purchases you make of our goods or services, including any other transaction details made via any of our websites (including your address, telephone number and payment details)
Using personal information
Personal data we receive will be used for the purposes it was provided, including:
- meet the terms of your order;
- enable your use of the services available on our website;
- send you goods purchased through our website;
- supply to you services purchased through our website;
- send statements, invoices and payment reminders to you, and collect payments from you;
- send you our email newsletter, if you have requested it (you can inform us at any time if you no longer require the newsletter);
- provide third parties with statistical information about our users (but those third parties will not be able to identify any individual user from that information);
Disclosing personal information
- we may disclose your personal information to any of our staff, agents, suppliers or subcontractors where it would be reasonable to do so. (If consent is necessary to facilitate this sharing we will ensure it is obtained prior to processing)
- we may disclose your personal information to any member of our group of companies where it would be reasonable to do so. (If consent is necessary to facilitate this sharing we will ensure it is obtained prior to processing)
- we may be legally obliged to disclose your personal information:
- to the extent that we are required to do so by law;
- in connection with any ongoing or prospective legal proceedings;
- in order to establish, exercise or defend our legal rights (including providing information to others for the purposes of fraud prevention and reducing credit risk);
- to any person who we reasonably believe may apply to a court or other competent authority for disclosure of that personal information where, in our reasonable opinion, such court or authority would be reasonably likely to order disclosure of that personal information].
- except as provided in this policy, we will not provide your personal information to third parties.
Security of personal information
- we will take all reasonable technical and organisational precautions to prevent the loss, misuse or alteration of your personal information.
- all details of financial transactions entered via our website will be protected by encryption technology.
- you may instruct us to provide you with any personal information we hold about you, via a Subject Access Request
- upon receipt of such a request we will, after confirming identity, provide all relevant data we may hold to you in the most practical format unless otherwise stipulated and reasonably possible.
- we may withhold personal information that you request to the extent permitted by law.
- if you instruct is to no longer process your personal data we will do so as quickly as possible.
- if you instruct us to destroy any/all of your personal data we may hold we will do so as quickly as possible.
- if you instruct us to cease all processing for marketing purposes we will do so as quickly as possible.
- your display preferences, such as contrast colour settings or font size
- help us to know how you use our sites, and make the content shown more relevant to your interests and needs. None of the cookies used on our websites collect information that personally identifies you. You can control and/or delete cookies as you wish — for details, see aboutcookies.org. Behavioural Advertising - Please be aware that we use third party advertising companies to collect non-personally identifiable information for online behavioural advertising to provide targeted display advertisements, likely to be of greater interest to you, through participating publishers and advertisers. For full details on the cookies used, please visit our website https://www.sbwakefield.co.uk/pages/privacy-policy or request a copy from our Data Protection Officer.
Data Protection Officer
- our Data Protection Officer is John Bowett. Any Data Protection issues can be directed to John Bowett via email@example.com or 01924 332525.